Quote:I donít want the user folders to have my documents or anything like that just an empty folder for when they first log in. we donít use individual users for logging in, we make a single account for a client/project, I was thinking though if we made an AD account for it would the ftp server auto make the folder?
First create a root folder of the "network/macro" type as follows:
- Go to the File System panel in CompleteFTP Manager
- Click "Add root folder"
- Select "Network/macro folder"
- Enter "D:\FTPUsers\%UserName%" (or some other path containing %UserName%)
- Check "Automatically create the directory if it doesn't already exist" (requires at least version 5.0)
- Click OK
- Enter "User" in the "Name" field in the Folder properties (or any other name)
now set that as the home of the default_windows user:
- Go to the Users panel
- Select the "default_windows" user
- Click the text next to "Home folder" - a folder-tree will drop down
- Select "/User" (or whichever name you gave the folder you just created)
- Click OK
- Click "Apply Changes"
Now test it.
- Hans (EnterpriseDT)