Discuss (FTP), (FTP on .NET CF) and (FTPS, SFTP and SCP).
no avatar
User

pjohnson

Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:42 pm

NullReferenceException with edtFTPnetPRO

by pjohnson » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:47 pm

Getting the following error:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at EnterpriseDT.Net.Ftp.Ssh.SSHFTPClient.p7xWxtYtY(String )
at EnterpriseDT.Net.Ftp.Ssh.SSHFTPClient.xSRDVjkQJ(String )
at EnterpriseDT.Net.Ftp.Ssh.SSHFTPClient.DirDetails(String dirname)
at EnterpriseDT.Net.Ftp.FTPConnection.GetFileInfos(String directory)
at EnterpriseDT.Net.Ftp.ExFTPConnection.GetFileInfos(String directory, Boolean includeSubdirectories)
at WstOverseer.Log.WstServiceLogFetcher.GetLogInfo(String logName) in c:\PWS\FrontOffice\b1308\WST\WstOverseer\Log\WstServiceLogFetcher.cs:line 85
at WstWebApp.Log.LogViewer.RpcGetLogText(JSONObject data) in c:\PWS\FrontOffice\b1308\WST\WstWebApp\Log\LogViewer.aspx.cs:line 99
at WstWebApp.Log.LogViewer.ProcessRpc(RpcHandler rpcHandler) in c:\PWS\FrontOffice\b1308\WST\WstWebApp\Log\LogViewer.aspx.cs:line 40
at WebAppUtilities.RPC.RpcHandler.ProcessRPC() in c:\PWS\FrontOffice\b1308\WebAppUtilities\WebAppUtilities\RPC\RpcHandler.cs:line 202

Really have no clue as to where to start looking to resolve this issue. I can see files in an FTP directory but when I try to download them I get the above error, could it have to do with permissions of the directory?

Any help greatly appreciated.
no avatar
User

EDT Support

Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:03 pm

by EDT Support » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:14 pm

What version of edtFTPnet/PRO are you using? If you're not using a recent version then I'd recommend updating.

- Hans (EnterpriseDT)
no avatar
User

pjohnson

by pjohnson » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:30 pm

I'm using v7.1.0.20

Thanks
no avatar
User

EDT Support

by EDT Support » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:34 pm

OK, that's fairly old (3.5 years). Are you able to upgrade it? I.e. do you have a current support agreement?

- Hans (EnterpriseDT)
no avatar
User

pjohnson

by pjohnson » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:46 pm

Not sure able to upgrade it. Was hoping for an idea to the cause of the problem. Only occurred after migrating to another server, was functioning correctly hence suspect a setup issue, possibly permissions.
no avatar
User

EDT Support

by EDT Support » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:54 pm

The new server is probably sending some unusual data that our software is having trouble interpreting. Please set the logging level to DEBUG and post the relevant part of the log.

- Hans (EnterpriseDT)