Discuss (FTP) and (SFTP, FTPS and SCP), our Java file transfer clients.

date 1 year older

no avatar
User

smurf

Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:49 pm

date 1 year older

by smurf » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:58 pm

Hi,

I have process which downloading from FTP files and by some reason (I need that) after DL get file timestamp from FTP server and set on local file.

The problem is because this time to time getting 1 year older file timestamp then this is actually. I am not 100% sure yet when that happen, for a moment I believe this is when file timestamp is in future, usualy couple hours, I may guess that this is because of time zone difference between server and uploader or something like that.

Anyway, this is not normal and I can't see any reason for this to modify date for 1 year. Anyone has same problem ?

and ... bad news, when I discovered that : when data retention process is started and have deleted bunch of files supposed NOT to be deleted.

just to be sure, I am first time on this forum, i am talking about
com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPClient dirDetails("mask.txt")
no avatar
User

support2

Tue May 18, 2004 8:30 am

Re: date 1 year older

by support2 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:05 pm

if the date of a file is > 2 days in the future and the year isn't supplied, it is assumed to be in the previous year.

you can also check the date of a file more accurately by using modtime
no avatar
User

smurf

Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:49 pm

by smurf » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:11 pm

nah, this was wrong but I just downloaded latest version and this working OK. Sorry because of noise, this is OK now, I just need to test a little to find out if there is any compatibility problem and that is all (this shall run under java 1.4.2)

thank you anyway.